So sometimes you toil in obscurity, fretting over missed invitations and spurned overtures and then suddenly the light starts shining on you and like a plant you unfurl your blossoms.
What I mean is, it’s nice when people notice your work and like it.
Two things happened last week. The brand project that I’ve been working on secretly finally launched and I ended up on Links a la Mode in my bathing suit.
In two years I’ve interviewed tons of other bloggers, but no one bothered to interview me. I mean, it’s cool, because I wasn’t looking for that to happen? But you would think… Anyway, that situation has now been adjusted. I have an interview (ok, I wrote it, lol!) and it’s on a major website.
Brooklyn based blogger, Sassy Ethnic Bohemian, sits down to tell Energems Buzz the real deal
1. What inspired your blog?
I came to New York 5 years ago to pursue a career in fashion journalism and photography. I had my own online magazine project, theMagazine(ok) that ad started in Chicago and I felt that my chances of getting real creative opportunities would be better in New York. Once I got here, I found out everyone was buzzing about bloggers!
After stints at ModaCyle, The Fashion Spot, Examiner.com and Fashion Edits, I gave in and started taking blogging more seriously.
You can read the rest of the interview here.
Links à la Mode, September 3:
the Theme was “Badass Personified”
- A Handful of Stories: On Personal Style
- DressCode | HighFashion: 70’s Trend F/W 15/16 | Mini, Midi, & Maxi Skirts
- Everyday Starlet: The Perfect White T Shirt for a Full Bust
- Hey Just Jei: Life | New York, New York You’re a Helluva Town Part 1
- La Vintage Vida: The Fitting Room Chronicles | Channeling Vera Ramone King
- Les Assorties: Fostering Emerging Italian Talent
- Life in the Fash Lane: Blogging 101 | How to Deal with Blogging Block
- Lobler & Delaney: AW15 Shoe Guide
- Mama in Heels: Tips for Packing a Las Vegas Weekend Getaway
- Modavracha: Top 5 Essential Eye Make-Up Brushes For the Beginner
- Musing of a Fashion Designer: Spotlight | Dent De Man
- Purushu Arie: Let Cristiano Ronaldo Teach You How to Rock a Men’s Bag
- Sassy Ethnic Bohemian: The Meetup Adventure
- Savvy Sunflower: It’s About the 70’s and Making it Modern
- Style Diary by Osy: Wrap Queen | Ankara Style
- Take Two: Arabia’s Beauty Experts Reveal Their Summer Essentials & Beauty Hacks
- The FABulous Journey: Sweet and Simple Cherry Red Dress
- The Wanderbliss: Zipping at Neemrana
- Trendy Techie: How to Nix Jet Lag Before it Begins
- We Are Ready Made: Talking to “The One Percenters”
Yes, the time I went to Coney Island in that retro bathing suit with my poochy belly hanging out is the blog post on Links a La Mode for September 3rd. Happy Labor Day!
Oh, wait… Labor Day was yesterday. Um. I better get to work, because we have some great stuff coming up! Especially that interview with hat designer Florent Bias of Le Grand Hat.
xoxo, Faith/Sassy Ethnic Bohemian