So obviously all regular programming is pre-empted for NYFW coverage.
I’m going to admit to starting with the easiest thing- Streetstyle. NYFW is a great time for catching glimpses of people that you only see in magazines wearing clothes that you may or may not want for yourself.
My Streetstyle rule? Whatever works.
1& 2 Spotted: blogger Hannah Stoudemire of the blog FaithFashionCharity.tumblr.com. I ADORED the vintage look that she was wearing so boldly at NOLCHA Fashion Lounge in the Fogo de Chao restaurant. The green coat was true vintage, and the jewels on her wrist and bag were a boldy colorful choice that was delightful.
3. Random person posing for photographers outside of Lincoln Center. Note how bundled up everyone else was. I’m not crazy about this look, it’s kind of cheap? But she got attention, so who cares, right?
4. Lynn Yaeger. After 5 years of randomly running into her, I finally got up the nerve to ask for a photo. LITERALLY chased the woman down.
1. Cute coat, outfit mostly makes sense in cold weather. Clean, strong look- stylish, but not catering to mass market tastes.
2. Pure Forever 21.
3. FUR!!! FUR!!! FUR!!! Is in right now.
4. I loved this outfit- chic, elegant, but pushing some envelopes. What she’s doing looks effortless, but takes an eye for line and subtlety. I want her outfit.
I was on line for the Son Jung Wan show in back of her. This is so… it has charm and sweetness, but the silver foil knife pleated skirt is daggers. Love. And the corset-tied powder pink bag. I forgot to ask her name, though!!!
I was leaving the show when I saw Kelly Rutherford come out of the back stage area. I just follwed and stood to the side snapping with my Samsung Galaxy S5Active like, ‘oh, me? I’m just chillin…’. She was wearing one of my favorite pieces from the ss2015 collection, too. Yaaaaaassssss, Kelly! Werk!
I also had two NYFW giveaways!!
1. The overnight V-Day beauty bag won by Brittany R. Tom and her friend Rosie in the hallway at Lincoln Center before Son Jung Wan. (JUST FYI- I made a few substitutions for products I couldn’t part with , like my Derma E Vitamin E Intensive Ttherapy hand creme, the Susan Posnick colorcoated mascara, the Ojon rare blends Tamer, and the Jo Mousselli Skin Renewing Concealer. I’m generous, not crazy).
2. This is what real New Yorkers look like when it’s cold. These nice ladies gave me a Valentine, so I gave them one. They were working on a art project that involved handing out numbered cards and at 8pm you could win a Valentine’s Day prize. In return I handed them the lovely Tata Harper Voluminizing Lip & Cheek Tint duo in Very Nice and Very Naughty. Smiles all around.
The last event that I managed to attend was the TechSTYLE blogger lounge at Bumble & bumble on 13th Street.
1. Lorie del Mundo of Janine Just Inc was running around looking supercute in this Yumi Kim floral romper with square hoop earrings from Meredith Marks.
2. This girl got me to download the the Stylinity app, but I was more interested in her outfit. Cute, no? For a dinner date, hair up, maybe borrow Lorie’s earrings.
3. Meredith Marks stackable rings– I really liked these.
4. Author Elena Murzello got all Audrey on us! We chatted a bit about her sweet book, The Love List Guide to Getting Who You Want but I was so taken with her edgy/lady style (the oversized statement necklace turns the Audrey steraotype on it’s ear) that I had to take her photo.
5. I liked this guy’s hat and glasses combo, so I snapped him. Turns out Dude is half of the duo that created the Ume Drive (a wristband with a usb storage card implanted in it). He’s wearing on in this photo, the bright orange band.
Not a bad group, right?
Next Up: What I wore to NYFW and what happened to me there
xoxo, Faith/Sassy Ethnic Bohemian